Falling in Love- Planning Your Autumn Nuptials
The air is crisp, the foliage is fiery, and the pumpkin spice latte is back. It’s officially fall, and it’s a beautiful time to have a wedding!
With spring so closely associated with weddings, fall may be overlooked for a couple’s big day. But this beloved season generally has the mildness of spring weather with the added bonus of beautiful bright fall colours and a warm, cozy feel. Here are some tips for planning your fall wedding:
- The best part of autumn is the colour palette. We love gold and plum for deep, rich colours that look elegant and sophisticated. Vibrant orange looks fresh and modern, while ochre and wine give a more vintage, rustic look. The options are endless!
- Carry the theme through by dressing your bridesmaids in autumn-inspired colours – take a cue from our post on mismatched bridesmaids’ dresses and dress them in different shades of gold or red. Chocolate brown or deep purple also look beautiful and make an autumn bouquet really pop.
- For your own gown, try cream lace or heavier champagne silk to give a nod to the warm colours and heavier fabrics of fall. You may also want to think about cozy cashmere pashminas for both you and your girls in case that seasonal wind has a bit of a nip to it!
- Bridal bouquets in deep reds and oranges always look bold and beautiful. You may be limited in your choices of flowers since some are no longer in season by September or October, but your florist can point you to some gorgeous autumn options. Think about adding berries or pinecones to your bouquets and centrepieces for a woodland feel.
- For your wedding décor, incorporate pinecones, leaves, and twigs to make guest feel like you’ve brought that crisp fall day inside. For a ritzier look, try gold-dipped leaves or branches. Send your guests home with little jars of apple butter tied with a pretty ribbon and stick of cinnamon. Serve apple-flavoured cake (or pie?), paired with spiced apple cider or mulled wine.
- If you’re planning your nuptials in Alberta or another equally unpredictable weather area, you know that we can see everything from 28-degree heat waves to a foot of snow in September and October. Make sure you have a back-up plan to any outdoor events, including photos.
- Don’t forget to scope out some tree-filled photo locations ahead of time to take advantage of the perfect fall foliage backdrop!
The Bridal House has a variety of gowns, bridesmaids dresses, tuxes and accessories to suit your fall wedding. Come in today to check them out!